Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sooo close!!

Well, we are so close to the due date! I'm so excited!! Haven't been able to blog in a while because there has been so much going on!! I'll see if I can sum it all up as best as I can!

  • Michelle and Jacie Fite threw me an AMAZING baby shower! About 20 of my close friends came and we ate cake, decorated onesies, tried to guess the flavor of baby foods, and the guests all tried to guess how wide my belly was. It was so much fun and baby darryl got some really great gifts! I got some pretty great gifts as well... including some coffee mugs from Lindsey Rae and a bag of "after the delivery" gifts from Stephanie and Jamie that made me laugh so hard I cried!! Baby Darryl also recieved some books with a sweet note from John Mark and Caroline. :) It was so amazing! Jacie got him a painting for his room that is amazing! It has Psalm 139 on it with some dinosaurs and his initials. (I'll post pictures soon!)
  • The next day Kim threw us a baby shower with a bunch of her friends and family and it was a BLAST! lots of good food and great presents. Baby Darryl has lots of cute outfits to wear that is for sure! After the shower, Kim, David and I just collapsed and ordered in Teds for dinner. It was an awesome day!
  • We have had some interesting medical things occur these last few weeks. A couple weeks ago, I went in to see Dr. Levine because there was a sharp pain in my right breast. After she looked at it, she sent me to a place to get an ultrasound to find out what the lump was. Well...the ultrasound didn't cut it so I wound up having to get a biopsy (ouchy!) a few days after the biopsy they discovered that it was a non cancerous abscess. Chris and I went to Mercy hospital a few days later and had a procedure done to remove it (no fun when your pregnant and they can't knock you out for it!) It went well but I am glad its over! I handled it pretty well...Chris on the other hand had a hard time with it...at one point our tiny doctor looked over and said "are you alright?" to which I replied "I'm fine" before I realized he was talking to Chris! Poor Chris passed out and the dr. had to catch him. He was fine pretty quick after that but just a little embarrassed. I say it just shows how much he hates seeing me in pain and that its sweet :) He had to endure some teasing from the church staff about how he will react to the delivery!
  • The night of the procedure, Evan brought us dinner and we got to hang out for a little while. Not long after she left I started having contractions! We went to the hospital and I had contractions for 4 hours before they sent me home. We never really thought they were labor contractions but the nurses said it was from the stress of the procedure. It was a good run through for when we have to go to the hospital for the real thing!
  • Last Saturday, Chris took me out for a date since we realized it could be our last full day together before baby. (Chris didn't have to go into work because it had snowed so bad. When we got home, our entire house was the cleanest I had EVER seen it!! On the table was a note saying that now I could relax instead of worrying about cleaning and it was signed by 5 secret elves. Thanks so much Stephanie, Evan, Julie, Jacie and Jamie!

We have been so blessed by the love we have recieved from friends and family. From the gifts to the food to just the phone calls and text messages to check in on us we have been overwhelmed by all the love we have recieved. Thank you so much!!!

More to come!!! BABY DARRYL PLEASE COME TONIGHT! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment