Sunday, February 28, 2010

Darryl's First Day at Church

Today we took Darryl to church with us for the first time! I won't lie...we were a little nervous about it...how would he do? Would he scream the whole time? Would we be able to get him ready in time? When would we feed him? We were particularly nervous because he has been so gassy the last few days so he has been a little more fussy then normal.

But then we were like... well... lets give it a shot and see how it goes! And he did great!! Chris and I tag teamed and got him ready on time, and we walked into the student room before going to service. Everyone was so excited to see him! It was so great! It is so much fun to see people so excited and how loving they are toward him.
We went to service and his Daddy held him while he slept the whole time. He did make a few small noises that I have fallen in love with. It was so fun to listen to the sermon but then also hear his sweet little coos.

Toward the end of the service I started getting his bottle ready and we fed him as soon as the service was over. Then I took him to the ladies room to change him... it was a full restroom so I am very glad that he didn't choose that moment to pee all over me. :)

We then went and taught our small group and then went to Flat Tire for lunch, where of course his Grandma Kim was more then happy to hold and feed him. But the morning completely wore Mommy out so we came home and I took a nap with him on my chest while Chris unwound with some video games. Its been a great Sunday!
This week we also went to the offices for the first time so I could say hi to everyone and so they could meet Darryl. It was so much fun but I was definately tired afterword. I am very thankful that I have 4 more weeks of maternity leave. Everytime I think that I'm fully recovered I go do something and get exhausted!! :) (But that could just be due to lack of sleep!)

We also saw lots of friends and had lots of visitors. This was our last week to have meals brought to us from members of our church and we have been so thankful for everyone who gave us the meals! Thank you so much!!!
Darryl also had his first trip to Jimmy's Egg to see Stephanie, Jamie, and Natalie and went on his first Target trip (Mommy was pretty excited that she figured out how to use his stroller! I felt so Mommyish as I was walking around with him :). We have also been to the Fite's house and of course Gamestop :). We also had a late night at the Loehrs' house last night that was so fun.
I also gave him a bath for the first time by myself! (Kim and David were here for moral support :). He cried a little but since I had him in the water the whole time I think he liked it much better.
Darryl has also started sticking out his tongue, and he is lifting his head like crazy! He is so strong and I can't believe how much bigger he seems to me already!

I love him!!! I love being a Mommy!! Here are some pics from this week...





















































No comments:

Post a Comment