Monday, January 18, 2010

37 weeks!! 3 to go!!

So much has been happening lately! I have so much to write!!

Last Wednesday Chris and I went to our doctors appointment and Darryl is big and healthy! We got to see an ultrasound of the top of his sweet head because he is head down and ready to go!! The doctor said that as of 37 weeks (which is tomorrow) he will be full term and could come any time with a low risk of complications. Its so crazy that he is so big in side my tummy and that he looks so similar to what he will look like when he gets here!
The dr's visit was hilarious as usual (any appointment involving Chris Wehunt always is..) First, when the nurse said that they were going to examine my cervix, Chris volunteered to perform the exam. We both thought it was funny but the nurse kind of half chuckled and left the room really fast. Our dr. then came in, laughing, asking how we scared the nurse off :)
Then as she is doing the exam, Chris has her laughing so hard tears are literally falling. Here is just an example...
Dr. Levine: I have a feeling that I'm really going to have to watch you during delivery huh?

Me: Oh ya... Chris secretly wants us to get stuck in a traffic jam on our way to the hospital so that he can deliver the baby.

Dr: Well I've got some gloves if you want to take some home just in case!

Chris: You know, I've always wanted a pair of those long gloves they use to perform AI's on cattle.
Dr.: Me too!!! I keep asking for some but no one will get me any!

Me: (long pause) Chris, did you just compare me to a cow???

Dr: (laughing hysterically) oh man, we are going to have so much fun delivering this baby aren't we?
Thats pretty much how the entire appointment was! And if I thought that was funny, I really laughed when Chris and I went to our all day birthing class on Saturday. Even though it was all day long and I was so uncomfertable in the chairs they had us in, Chris made it so much fun and I was laughing the whole time. I'm still nervous about the delivery, but I'm so excited about going through it with Chris by my side. He has been so amazing through this whole pregnancy, I'm so excited about the intimate moments that we will get to have together as I deliver and as we see our child for the first time. I am so blessed to have a man like him as my partner. Baby Darryl is so blessed to have him as a Daddy. :)
There has been more but I'll have to post later. Its amazing how tired I have gotten in the past couple of weeks!! But we did get our maternity photos from Sara! She did such an amazing job! Here are some of our faves... (if your looking for a photographer, go to saraephotography.com)























































No comments:

Post a Comment