Tuesday, March 9, 2010

One month old!!

I can't believe that yesterday was your one month birthday. It is crazy to me how fast time has flown by. Chris and I realized that this means its been an entire month since we have gotten a full nights sleep! He is doing really well though... he is slowly starting to sleep for longer lengths at a time.. don't worry, there will be an excited blog post the first time he sleeps through the night!
Its been so fun to hold him these last few days and realize just how much bigger he is. He feels heavier, he holds his head up really well now, and he focuses on his mommy's face much easier. And don't worry...his crazy hair is still there!!


Here are some random memories from the last month...
  • Oh our son has had some crazy poops! One night around 3 a.m. both Chris and I were up with him when all of a sudden we smelled something... sure enough it was the biggest blowout of a poop I had ever seen! It was so bad that Chris started running some water in the kitchen sink, saying that we were going to have to bathe him to get it all off. So I removed his clothes and the dirty diaper and started to carry him to the sink and sure enough....he pees EVERYWHERE! Maybe it was because we were extremely tired, but Chris and I just laughed the whole time. "Welcome to parenthood!" we told each other.
  • We have had so many friends and family visit us this past month. We have felt so blessed and I know Darryl is so loved. It has been so fun to have so many people into our home!

  • Even in the middle of the night, I have loved getting to just hold Darryl and rock him before he goes to bed. It gives me a chance to just think about him and pray for him. I love the look on his face when he looks at me as he is drifting off to sleep...

  • I have loved how much closer Chris and I have gotten to each other through the birth of our little boy. The delivery was an experience I will never forget and I especially love all the conversations we have in the middle of the night after we feed our son and get him back to sleep. It has been amazing to watch Chris with Darryl and I am so blessed to have such an amazing man in my life. I know there are going to be times when we get tired and stressed, but I have felt so loved and encouraged this past month. I know Darryl will feel the same as he gets older!

  • It has even been fun taking Darryl on errands! We get his little stroller out and walk around. He mainly sleeps but it is fun the few times he does wake up because he just stares at me and smiles. It takes me three times as long to shop now....but its totally worth it!

There is so much more but Darryl is waking from his nap. Here are a couple of pics I took yesterday on his one month birthday! I can't believe how much bigger he is! Love you baby D!

No comments:

Post a Comment