Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Well I'm sitting here in our new glider rocking chair that we just got for Baby Wehunt! It's so comfy that I thought I would sit and reflect on the past year... :)

Its crazy how much things can change in a year. In 2009, Chris and I bought a house, got a puppy (oh oscar we love you!), Chris has started full time school again, Chris changed jobs, we bought a car, I ran a marathon, we got to watch several of our best friends get married, AND we discovered that Baby Darryl is coming! WHEW!!

I can't believe how different a year can make! And we were thinking that this year would be calm! It makes me wonder what the year ahead has for us...

Here are some things we might get to experience this year...
In February we will get to look baby Darryl in the eyes for the first time.
We will get to watch as he is surrounded by love from family and friends.
We will get to bring him home and put him in his crib for the first time.
We will lose LOTS of sleep.
Oscar will get his world rocked when he realizes he has to share us with a baby.
Chris and I will adjust to new schedules, and will constantly be discovering new things we love about each other.
Chris will get another puppy (we'll see... lol)
We will watch baby Darryl grow, hold his head up, roll over, crawl, and maybe even stand up or take a step.

This and so much more...but what I'm most excited about is that God might teach us through becoming parents this year...
I can't wait to love my child with everything I've got, and realize that God loves him (and me!)even more then that.
Our lives will completely change, and I pray that it forces us to rely on Him more.
We will be daily reminded of the gifts he has given us.
We will pray earnestly for our child's salvation.
We will be forced to rely on his Word every day to know how to wisely go about our day.
Even though most "disciplining" won't take place til 2011, we will learn the heartache that God feels when we mess up and he has to discipline us. But he loves us enough to do so.
We will learn more about his sacrificial love.
I will be humbled. No doubt about that.
We will get to experience the miracle of birth, and see every detail that God designed in our child.
We will learn all of this and so much more... I can't wait to see what all it will be!!!

Happy New Year baby Darryl, I can't wait to see you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment