Sunday, August 15, 2010

Standing man!

Well this week Darryl did something that I wasn't expecting... yes he is still working on crawling and sitting, but before he decided to perfect those things, he decided to STAND UP! I couldn't believe it!!!

We were over at the Smith's house and we had just come in from a day of swimming. We were playing on his blanket when his bouncy seat caught his eye. So he rolled over and proceeded to scoot toward it. He had studied it before so I didn't really think anything of it. First he gets one hand on it, then he gets the other. From there he gets onto his knees and starts bouncing. The whole time I'm sitting there thinking, "how cool! He has never done that before! That is so cute!"

Next thing I know he has a burst of energy and leaps to his feet! At this point he is standing straight up and down, looking around the room. He catches my eye after about 30 seconds and laughs. He then falls, bonks his head and cries so I immediately scooped him up and we celebrated. It was so cool!

So I thought it was a fluke but nope! He has done it several times a day, every day since. He loves it! He is always looking for things to pull up on.

The funny thing is, it wasn't until yesterday (four days later) that he finally got good at sitting up on his own! Anyone else find this to be a weird order of things???



I'm so proud of you son! You are going to be a handful, I can already tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment