Friday, August 6, 2010

Back from Beach Week!

We have been back from camp for a week now and today is the first day that we all aren't just plain exhausted! It has been an amazing last few weeks!


Daddy and I left for Beach Week so you spent the week with your grandma Vickie and grandpa James. We missed you like crazy but I know that you had a great time. Grandma and grandpa took you to see Grandpa's side of the family in Pryor and Welch OK. They said that you did so great in the car and that everyone loved you! On your trip you saw Great Grandma Ella, Aunt Jo and Uncle Ernest, Aunt Patty and Uncle Wayne, Uncle Charlie, Great Grandma Thelma, Aunt Rubie, and Uncle John. Whew! They all loved you and had a great time playing with you. Your Grandma Ella even gave you an amazing quilt that she made just for you!



You have done so many things! I could tell as soon as we got home that you had grown so much just in a week! When you saw me when I got home you immediately smiled. I snatched you up and hugged and kissed you like crazy. But it was when you saw your Daddy that your eyes really lit up! You reached for him and as soon as you were in his arms you grabbed his beard and let out a sigh of relief.


You are doing so many new things! The first thing I noticed was that you were pulling yourself up in the bathtub and splashing while in the sitting position. So much fun!




Also, you are a crawling machine! You haven't gotten the exact moves down yet (you have your legs figured out but your arms can't keep up) but you will "crawl" all over the place. One of my favorite new games is to lay a blanket down and have you chase me all over the blanket. You are really fast! I can't imagine how fast you will be once you are actually crawling!

Plus, you are getting better and better at sitting up! Its so funny to watch you work so hard at it. You always have this look of concentration....



You laugh all the time now and your personality is really starting to come out. You just get more and more fun as the months pass by, and soon you will be six months old! I can't believe it!

More to come!












































1 comment: