Friday, September 11, 2009

What a surprise!

It is official...the Wehunts are having a baby! It was definately a surprise but we are so excited. I have been trying to think of ways to chronicle this event in our lives that is bound to bring up some very entertaining stories. Then I looked at my friend Stephanie's blog and was inspired to write my own! So here we go world, get ready to hear what its like in the Wehunt household with a baby on the way!


I guess the best way to start this story is with how we found out that I was pregnant. I always had this picture in my head that I would find out and then be able to tell Chris in some really creative, romantic way.

Well... it definately wasn't romantic...

But it wound up happening in a far better way!!

I had been shopping all day with Jacie and I kept mentioning little things that had been strange... I had gained weight, my face had broken out, etc. We didn't really think about it (we were very focused on the clothes we were shopping for) but when we got back to her house I mentioned how tired I had been lately. It was like something clicked in all of our minds at the same time. Jokingly, we laughed about running out and getting a pregnancy test. Now, you must realize that I had been very paranoid in the past and had probably taken dozens of pregnancy tests..and they were always negative. So I really didn't think much of it. But after much coaxing Jacie and I ran to Walgreens to grab the test.


I got back to their house and went to take the test. Let me tell you...it was so romantic (I hope you can hear the sarcasm in my voice :) While waiting on the test Chris is beating on the door, yelling about how he has to use the restroom. Troy and Jacie are laughing... and then two lines show up on the test. POSITIVE.

I opened the door...blank expression on my face. Chris just looked at me and said...are you SERIOUS?? All I could muster was a brief "Am I reading this right??" We looked at the test, looked at the instructions, and then looked at the test again... it was definately positive. Troy and Jacie didn't know what was going on yet so they were still laughing at the whole idea of it when Troy saw Chris's face. The entire house erupted into celebration as I started crying and Chris stood in absolute shock.

We didn't want to tell anyone until we went to the doctor, but that night we had promised a bunch of kids from church that we would play underground church with them. We went....but you couldn't ignore the shock on Chris and I's face (as well as Troy and Jacie's!) The entire time, Troy kept whispering... Keep you hand off your stomach!

It was an amazing night. We went home, cried and celebrated and then went to the doctor the next day (He just laughed when he saw the test was positive...thanks Willie! :).


We are scared but beyond excited. Parenthood here we come....

No comments:

Post a Comment