Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ohhhh the many joys of pregnancy..

I always knew that my first time being pregnant would be interesting. I always wondered....what would it be like to have a child growing inside of your belly? What would I look like? How would I change? Would I be moody? All kinds of questions... now I know and it is so amazing!

I thought I would take the time to document some of these things...

  • I didn't think it was possible to throw up so much. Nausea has reared its ugly head for this pregnant woman. Whats funny is that it almost always hits when I'm in the car... so lets just say many streets and parking lots have been "blessed" by my sickness...
  • When your muscles are being stretched it is an interesting feeling. The last few days my hips have been killing me! And my stomach feels like its a balloon that it too small so it has to be stretched. Plus my right leg randomly cramps up...its so weird!
  • I had no idea how much I had grown. When I first found out I was pregnant (June) I went to go get fitted for a bridesmaids dress for a wedding I'm in in October. The lady told me to try on dresses to see what I would normally wear and then we can order a few sizes bigger. I wore a 2... and to be super safe I ordered an 8. I tried it on last night (3 months later) Its almost too tight!
  • Every day it seems like I switch from being super sleepy... so much so that I can barely make it through work and when I get home I just want to put sweatpants on and curl up in bed (thats what I'm doing right now actually.. :)) OR I have this INSANE energy and I texture and paint our whole hallway (is this what nesting is??).
  • I'm finally to the stage where I want to eat all the time! I have a pretty impressive stock of snacks at the office, and Chris is always laughing at the random things I eat around the house.
  • I haven't had any major food diversions except I have recently refused to eat at Which Wich... not really sure why...
  • I'm hoping that I haven't been grumpy but I definately have been emotional! Mention one thing about a baby and I'm tearing up!
  • Baby Darryl is moving now! It keeps me up at night but its sooo cool. Feels like a butterfly trying to punch my stomach. Chris felt it for the first time the other night. It is really weird when he's moving while I'm talking to people...its really hard to concentrate on a conversation!!
  • It still doesn't seem real. Every day is like a dream...sometimes I have to remind myself that I really am pregnant (or the nausea reminds me!)

There have definately been rough days, but in all its been so great. I'm already a little sad for the day when I'm not pregnant anymore...but then I realize that that means baby Darryl is here so I'm ok with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment