Tuesday, September 15, 2009

WE ARE HAVING A BOY!!!!!!!


I can't even begin to express how excited I am... words can't even explain this feeling...

We both were so excited all day, I was at work and Chris was at school. Neither of us could concentrate... all we wanted was for it to be 4:15 p.m. so we could go to the ultrasound and see if we were having a boy or girl...

My day definitely brightened when Sara walked by my office and said... you should really go up front... so I walked up front and there was a HUGE bouquet of roses from Chris. There were pink roses and white roses with blue tips. The vase had a blue and pink ribbon. It was awesome! I felt so loved and spoiled..

When 2:30p.m. finally rolled around my mom and grandma picked me up. We went home and anxiously waited for Chris to get home and for 4 p.m. to come so we could leave for the doctor. We left and then had to sit in the waiting room what felt like FOREVER. Chris's aunt Kim met us there and we were all shaking with excited. I gripped tight to Chris's hand.... we were soooo nervous. Was our baby ok? Was it a boy or a girl? Was it healthy? So many thoughts raced through our mind.

They called us back and we got our first piece of good news...the blood test results were negative. No sign of Spina Bifida. (Once we did the ultrasound they were confident that there are no signs of Spina Bifida, we are so thankful for the prayers of our friends and family).

The nurse left for a few moments and I turned to Chris and said..."Can I be honest with you about something? I really do want a boy..." Chris agreed but we both knew that we would be excited either way.

Once they got started, after only a few moments, the nurse said..."oohh! Look at his hand! Five fingers!" To which I replied "Did you just say HIS?!?!?!" Yes it was true (and VERY obvious...our son was not shy!) that it is a boy!! Everyone in the room started to cry. I turned to Chris and said, "We have a 'Little Man!'

We took lots of pictures, I'll scan them and post them soon. We are so incredibly blessed and excited. Thank you to everyone who has prayed for us. We could feel your prayers while we were in that room. So please help us in continueing to pray for little Darryl Wehunt! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment