Tuesday, April 6, 2010

So much has been going on!

Things have been pretty busy the last couple weeks! Here are some highlights...

1. I went back to work! It was really hard because I missed him so much but things have been going really smoothly. Darryl comes and spends some time with me at the office so that helps alot. Chris has been so amazing with him at home and sends me lots of videos and photos right when I need it most. Baby Darryl has a pretty busy schedule though! Here is a typical day in the lives of the Wehunts...

6:30 a.m. I get up and if Darryl isn't awake yet, I jump in the shower and start getting ready for work.

7:30 a.m. Darryl usually wakes up, Chris gets him and starts feeding him while I wash bottles and get his bag ready.

8 a.m. I head to work

9:30 a.m. Chris brings Darryl up to work so he can head to class

11:15 p.m. I head home for lunch and to take Darryl back to the house to be with Chris

12:30 p.m. I head back to work

4 p.m. Chris brings Darryl back up to the office, Chris goes to work

5 p.m. I feed Darryl and let him play while I finish up some things, then I take him home (or to whoever's house we visit that night)

8:30 p.m. I give Darryl a bath, get him ready for bed, put him down to sleep. Wash bottles, pick up the house if I'm home, relax a little

10:30 p.m. Chris gets home, we feed Darryl one more time, go to bed

Whew! I get tired just typing all of that! But so far things are going well. We just take it one week at a time and really treasure weekends and Tuesday nights when we all get to be together.



2. Darryl has been loved on my so many people! Ann Smith watches him on Tuesdays and we often go to their house in the evenings while Chris is at work. We are so blessed to have them in our lives. Ann and Willie have both patiently answered all my questions and they love Darryl so much! Ann, Amy Wood, and Kim Barnes even surprised me and decorated our house while I was at work one day! They rearranged the furniture, hung things on the walls, and even bought some lamps and candles! I couldn't believe it! It has definately been way more fun to be at home since they made it feel so much more inviting!




Darryl has also had lots of time with his Grandma Kim, Grandpa Darryl, Mimi Vickie and Grandpa James. We had a lot of family in town this weekend and Darryl did really great. He was so cute! I'll post a lot more pics of that soon...
3. Darryl celebrated his 2 month birthday yesterday!! And how did he celebrate? BY SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!! It was so exciting! We fed him and put him to bed around 10:30 p.m. and he didn't wake up until 6:15 a.m.!! Thats more then 7 hours of sleep! And he didn't eat until 7:15 a.m.! I was so excited! I woke up, looked at the clock, and then it took me a few minutes to fully realize that I hadn't fed him during the night! I was so excited! We celebrated but then he spent the rest of the morning in a really bad mood. Sorry Daddy!! We'll see what happens tonight.... :)

So much more has happend but I gotta go! Will post more soon.... I'll leave you with a pick of Darryl in his dresser drawer...we just took that for fun! :)






1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness he's gotten SO big!! I have to come see you guys soon. Absolutely precious. Love you!

    ReplyDelete