Monday, August 8, 2011

Our last weekend with just the three of us...



I have so much to post! First, I want to be sure and write about the Wehunt family's last weekend with just the three of us...

It was becoming fairly obvious that baby Payton was going to come very quickly. So the Friday before last, I really treasured the time that I had just one on one with Darryl. It's funny how excited I was for Payton to come, yet in a way I was kind of confused on how I could love anyone as much as I love Darryl (turns out, its possible, but we'll get to that in the next post...

So when Chris left for work Darryl and I began our day of fun. Since I was rather large pregnant and little sister was pushing on my hip in a way that made it very hard to walk, I was limited on what all we could do. However, we started our morning by going to the park with a bunch of girls in my small group and there kids. For the first time, I really began to realize how big Darryl was getting because we went to the big playground at Hafer and I was able to just sit on the bench and watch him play. He maneuvered himself on all the slides, tunnels, and climbing walls completely by himself. I had gotten so used to following him around on the playground, watching his every move, that it was so fun to just sit back and watch him to see how he interacts with other kids without mommy standing right there.

It was a blast. Most of his favorite friends were there... Karis, Lila, Gunner, Guy, Calvin, and Caroline. He played and laughed until it started getting so hot (its been the hottest summer EVER it seems like...temps always in the 100s).

When we left the park we swung by a garage sale to buy some baby girl clothes, and then we headed home. Immediately, Darryl asked for "My Nemo". His latest obsession has been the movie Finding Nemo. He loves it. I'm convinced he knows it by heart. My favorite thing he does (besides how sweetly he asks for it) is he does the chant from the "ring of fire" scene (ah he ah he ah ho ho ho) and dances around the living room. He loves it so much that Chris, Rachel, Karis, and I took him to the Disney store that night to buy a stuffed Nemo. It never leaves his side! It is so cute! So we watched nemo and ate some fish crackers together and snuggled.

After the movie, I took the opportunity to take a nap with him. I LOVE taking naps with him. He is so snuggly and wakes up so happy! We pretty much slept until Daddy got home. It was such a ordinary, yet extraordinary and special day for us. On Saturday, the three of us hung out all day just playing outside, swimming, and playing at the mall and buying Nemo that night.

I didn't think I could love my family any more then I already did...until baby sister arrived...

Payton is now here and is wonderful. More to come...
Darryl, Daddy, and Nemo





Doesn't he look good with a boy in one arm and a girl in the other?



He loves helping mommy organize clothes! And loves putting them on...






No comments:

Post a Comment